Find and request downloads of NVS datasets.
Search Species Names
Search Broad Region
Tip: You can search each item separately or combine them to fine-tune your results.
|Year range (1950-2015)||
|Code||Scientific Name||Common Names|
Datasets can be discovered and then requested using the integrated search, which provides a number of ways to locate datasets of interest:
- Search on metadata, species and descriptive information to find datasets.
- Use a broad regional boundary to display all the included datasets.
- Place a pin on to the map to discover plots within a resizable box.
How to search
- Begin your search by typing a value into the metadata or species names boxes, or by selecting a Department of Conservation (DOC) Conservancy from the provided list. You can enter just one of these criteria, or choose a combination of them.
- Select criteria in the 'Additional Filters' selection to narrow your search and so reduce the size of your result set.
- Search results are shown at the bottom of the search page. There are three ways
to view the results that matched your search criteria:
- A map of plot locations,
- A list of datasets,
- A list of all the species present in the matching datasets' species.
- You can further narrow down results on the map by clicking the 'Filter by Location' option found above the map. This will place a pin on the map with a resizable box. Drag the pin around and resize the edges or corners of the box to adjust the search area.